**Find the Beauty Friday, a weekly recap of where I saw the beauty in my week**
This week I had a ‘Perfect Day’ …on a Monday. The fact that ‘Perfect Days’ can happen on Mondays is just one of the many reasons Summer is so great…
On Monday, me and Danny were both off. It was a surprise to me because I had originally thought I had to work. After I tutored that morning, we left the Peninsula in hopes of going to the beach but the clouds were ominous. We kept trying to wait them out by killing time in Mt. Pleasant. We ate at Señor Tequila’s which is pretty much the El Cerro equivalent here in Charleston and when the sky still hadn’t cleared up, Danny suggested we go clothes shopping for him. After a trip to Belk we ended up at Barnes and Noble where I realized I hadn’t been just for fun book shopping in about 4 years. It was the best money I’ve spent in a LONG time. It was about 4pm at this point, maybe 4:30 and it still hadn’t stormed despite the fact that the sky had literally been dark and threatening all day. With new books in hand we finally made it to the beach. We put our chairs at the edge of the water and read. And it was late afternoon which is the absolute most perfect time to be at the beach if you didn’t already know. We stayed at the beach until around 7pm and then had dinner back at my apartment and watched a movie.
I tell you all of this because that perfect day makes up so much of this FtBF post and has totally sustained me all week.
So without further ado…
1. New books!!! (that aren’t titled Aventuras en la Literatura Española desde los 1500 or Research Methods for the Behavioral and Social Sciences)
2. Taking a new book to the beach! I can’t tell you how much more exciting a beach trip is when you have a brand new book to read…
3. Late afternoon beach time with the guy who likes to read food dictionaries for fun.
I took this sweet not-at-all-awkward selfie while Danny struggled to parallel park. It was awesome.
4. Not being in a rush for 2 days in a row. What I mean by this is that if there ever is a chance that me and Danny could hang out during the day, it’s usually before one of us has to go to work. It was pure bliss not being on any sort of time crunch early in the week…which is how we ended up on the beach from 4-7pm
5. New flowers for my desk. After Mrs. Mary ever so sweetly brought me hydrangeas from her garden I realized that my desk should never be without fresh flowers.
6. Reading a book that makes me laugh…pretty sad that I finished it so quickly.
(Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling)
Where did you see the beauty in your week? Did you have a perfect day? Please share!